Treatment for Adults
Orthodontics is not just for children and teens. In fact, 1 in every 5 patients undergoing orthodontic treatment is an adult. It’s never too late to get the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
Adults can benefit from orthodontic treatment in many different ways. These include:
- Improved alignment of the teeth to create a more esthetic and beautiful smile
- Increased ease of cleaning teeth that were previously crooked or overlapped, reducing the risk of tooth decay and periodontal problems
- Development of a more functional, comfortable bite
- Addressing the problem of missing teeth
- Closure of spaces between teeth
- Reduction of excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Correction of relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long term retainer wear
- Detect the need for jaw surgery to correct discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws that cannot be treated with orthodontics alone
Choose from Several Options
Many adults are concerned with the appearance of braces. Often, Invisalign® is a viable treatment option for adults. This technology involves clear removable aligners, created through advanced 3D imaging techniques, which are used to align the teeth. We also provide the option of clear, ceramic brackets for more complex cases. During your initial examination, we will be able to determine the best possible treatment options for your individual needs.